Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday 8-29-12

Wednesday again!  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to get all my projects done.  I have, as usual, overextended myself and am feeling a bit of pressure.  Everything sounds so fun I just can't say no!  When this happens I just make a list in order of what needs done and chug along checking each item off. 

The first item on the list is the granny square quilt I'm making as a wedding gift for my sister-in-law.  Her shower is on the 8th so getting that finished has been my top priority.  Last night I finished making all the blocks, 64 of them, laid them all out and am now about halfway done piecing them into rows.  I'm making a trip to the LQS on my lunch today for backing and binding fabric so hopefully I can have it done soon!

Lots and lots of blocks!

Plus a whole other row that I had off to the side - big!

I also have a new addition to my sewing space - a new-to-me sewing table!!!  I was driving home from work and saw this lovely retro table in someones trash - I couldn't believe it!  I drove back by a few times to make sure it was the real deal and then the hubs agreed to pick it up for me on his way home.  It is much bigger than what I'm using now and in good condition. It will be perfect once I give it a good cleaning!


What have you been working on?

I'll be linking up over at Freshly Pieced today.  Coincidentally enough I won Lee's Aurifil giveaway a few weeks back and she became my 100th follower!  I'll be hosting my own giveaway later this week to celebrate so be sure to stop back.


9 comments:

  1. I used to have a Table just like that! Steel wool will help get the rust off:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks great and I'm jealous of the awesome table you found!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that is a ton of blocks! The quilt is going to be beautiful, the colors are so pretty. Your new table is so cool! I can't believe someone was throwing it away, awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granny square top is gorgeous! Lucky sister in law! Wonderful find with the table; enjoy all that extra space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that table and all your blocks look great. I've cut my squares, but have yet to put them in any kind of order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the table. That's going to be very useful

    ReplyDelete
  7. The table is the bomb! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I've got a ginormous granny square quilt calling to me. The top is pieced, but I decided on a fussy border, so it's slow going. Good luck on yours - you have one lucky sister-in-law! It is going to be a stunner.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!