Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday 2-29-12

Happy Leap Day!  An extra day of sewing right?! :) 

New Projects:
  • I-Spy Pinwheel Quilt - My husband's cousin's daughter (so his second cousin I believe) was over this weekend (she's almost 4) and we were looking through all my fabrics together.  She loved them and then sweetly asked that I sew the pretty ones into a blanket and give it to her for her birthday (End of March).  I just couldn't say no, so the new project was born.  I'm using charm squares from an I-Spy swap  and making a pinwheel quilt.  I'm planning on doing a mini-tutorial once I'm done in case anyone else wants to make one.  So far I cut all the white, made all the HSTs and spent last night trimming them up.  Now time to sew them together :)

All 96 HSTs!
  • Quilting for Kids Block - I saw that the Quilting for Kids group on Flickr was making a new quilt and was looking for asterisk blocks.  I made mine this week and sent it out! 
In Progress:
  • On a Whim - Finished sewing the backing together and mailed out to be quilted!  Can't wait to get it back and finish it up.  I need to sit down this weekend and embroider a little patch for the back with their names/wedding date.
  • Sew.Happy.Quilt. QAL - I made last week's block, which I need to get a picture of, and I need to make this week's block. 
Finished:
  • Mini Mixer - I took my little mixer block from last week, added some border, quilted it (first time FMQ on my machine!!), bound it and hung it up in the kitchen.  I LOVE it :)  I used this tutorial to make the block.

I've got some more projects coming up, and I've been majorly slacking on my Swoon so I need to work on that this week too.  I also (finally!) got a free motion foot for my machine so I have a few quilt tops that need quilting too!  What's on your to-do list for the next week?

Also, I'm organizing a green fabric charm swap!  I almost have everything together for it so if you're interested in joining stop back here later this week to sign up.

I'm linking up over at Freshly Pieced.  Hope you have a great week!

Kelsey 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of progress! Just love your mini mixer! Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the asterisk!
    And your mixer block is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVIN your mixer block...you should do a tutorial on that, too (while you're at it :o) A swap sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mixer block is so cute, great kitchen decor! I imagine your pinwheel quilt for the little cousin will be really cute. I love HSTs, but I don't love squaring them all up. I wish we could skip that part and just start piecing them together. Thanks for sharing!
    (I think that little person is your husband's first cousin once removed. Your child and that girl would be second cousins. I think.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!