Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday!

I've been trying to make an effort to actually finish projects but it's just so hard!  Hopefully posting this each week will help keep me motivated to actually finish a quilt.

In-Progress

· Stack n' Whack- My first quilt top!  Well unless you count the one I made in grade school for a pioneer project...  I used this tutorial, and an assortment of fabrics from Joann's (I know I know, I was just too nervous to buy the nice stuff).  I've had the top done for ages and had it basted but I decided a few weeks ago that I hated the back I was using and finally pieced the new back last night.  Hopefully I can at least baste and quilt it this weekend.  


· Coming Home- From Camille's book, Simplify, except that I changed the layout a bit and used all Christmas fabrics.  We have the perfect spot in our dining room to hang it this holiday season.  I've pieced, quilted and machine sewed the binding; all that's left is the hand sewing.  I finally bought the right color thread and found a tutorial to stitch it nicely, I just have to sit down and do it.


· Jellybean- Another Camille Roskelley pattern, Jellybean is being made for my mother-in-law for Christmas.  I got about half of the strips cut and sewn together.  Hopefully this week I can cut the rest as well as the white squares.


· Subversive Cross-stitch- Still plugging away on this from yesterday.  I got another snowflake done tonight while babysitting and am going to pick it back up momentarily.

Hopefully this week coming up can be a productive one!



Kelsey


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!